Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm officially my mother.



Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like you are endlessly cleaning?

You finish cleaning one room and move on to the next, just to have your kids mess up behind you, and then you have to go back to cleaning that same room again.  You try to have your kids clean up their mess, but then it turns into an even bigger mess, and you're stuck cleaning THAT.



Well...My Curly Haired Friend (MCHF) was having just such a day.  It's summer, so her two daughters, Typical First Born (TFB), age 9,  and Little Spit Fire (LSF), age 5, are home.


On this particular day, they kept getting into the fridge and spilling stuff on the floor every time they went to get something out.  After several times of cleaning up messes, MCHF walked into the kitchen to find LSF halfway into the refrigerator with stuff spilling out.


Now, I've never heard MCHF curse around her kids, but I guess she'd had enough.  For the purposes of this scene, we'll call LSF "Chrissy".

MCHF: CHRISSY! What the hell are you doing?!
LSF: It's too cold in here for the devil!  I'm getting a drink!

MCHF: I completely walked into that one.  


A text I received later:

Alright.  It's come to this...

I'm officially my mother.


It was either tape the kids' hands together or tape the fridge shut.  I took the high road. 
Kicking and screaming.

I did give them options...bread and water.



LSF was not amused:






No comments:

Post a Comment